- I was thinking about what happened and how:
- 1. the incident was significantly palpable and audible
- 2. the onomatopoeia of the instant marked a change in me.
- Which words will you be buried with? Why?
I’m sitting at Subway in the spotlight of vendors of a variety of things. Necklaces, spoons, bookmarks, a toy with chickens pecking at seeds, bubbles, books, music, candies, chargers, chess sets, birdcages, paintings, bracelets, floral crowns, blouses, purses, balloons, rugs, jewelry boxes, tablecloths, scarves, blouses, skirts, masks, flowers, and a range of services: caricatures, portraits, hair braiding, tattooing, song, and whatever it is that clowns do.
1 People think, at the theatre, an audience is tricked into believing it’s looking at life. The film image is so large, it goes straight into your head. There’s no room to be aware of or interested in people around you.
My story is about the human race in conflict with itself and nature.
- What is it that you want your audience to understand about your story?
Reluctantly starring in town gossip, in a town where I’m a tourist, is somewhat exciting and makes me feel a bit torn as Johnny Cash in the following excerpt of his poem “Don’t Make a Movie About Me:”
- What is the gossip? How does it energize the plot in a positive way?
- Inspired by “Today’s News,” by David Tucker, https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/50878/todays-news, what is the news on a “slow news day?”
- What does your character fail to say? Why does she fail?
- So many things to be afraid of… Check out how Jody Gladding takes on fear with door-to-door evangelists, or salespeople, in the prose poem 1-800-FEAR:
many people live in fear these days they drove up
all four of them in a small car nice boy they said
beautiful dogs they said so friendly the man ahead
of the woman the other two waiting in the drive I
was outside digging up the garden no one home I said
what are you selling anyway I’m not interested I
said well you have a nice day they said here’s our
card there’s a phone number you can call anytime
any other houses down this road anyone else live
here we’d like to talk to them about living in fear